18 October 2021
Dear Parishioners and Friends of St Kevin’s,
As NSW reached its 80% double dose vaccination target earlier than expected, we are pleased to let you know that our church will officially reopen for weekend Masses on Saturday, 23rd October.
We are excited to welcome everyone back into the church! Fully vaccinated and unvaccinated, you are all welcome to attend and participate at Mass with the rest of the congregation. We do encourage everyone to get vaccinated as advised by NSW Health unless you have underlying health conditions or medical exemptions.
Mass Times and Liturgy from October 23 are as follows:
- Reconciliation – Saturdays at 5pm – 5:20pm
- Vigil Mass – Saturdays at 5:30pm
- Weekend Mass – Sundays at 8am, 9:30am, 11:30am (Chinese), and 6pm
- Weekday Mass – Mondays at 7:30am
- Liturgy of the Word and Distribution of the Holy Eucharist – Tuesdays at 7:30am
- Weekday Mass – Wednesdays at 7:30am
- Weekday Mass – Thursdays at 7:30am
- Eucharistic Adoration – Fridays at 4pm followed by a Mass at 5pm
Our church will have a limited capacity of 130 attendees under the 4sqm rule. Attendees may sit only in marked places. Family members living in the same household may sit together. Face masks and QR code check-ins are still mandatory. Congregational singing is still suspended. However, a maximum of 10 fully vaccinated cantors/singers will be allowed to perform.
We will continue to livestream our weekly Vigil Mass through our YouTube channel for our vulnerable parishioners who may choose to remain at home or for those who are not comfortable attending with a mixed congregation.
We will do all that is reasonably possible to protect the health of everyone and to adhere to the rules set by the NSW Government.
Lastly, I can’t thank you enough for your messages, prayers, and financial support during lockdown. I look forward to welcoming you all back into the Church!
My prayers and blessings to everyone!
Fr Martin R Maunsell B Th